The second edition of Shirui Lily Festival 2018 is all set to kick off from 24th April to 28th April 2018. This year’s state level festival is going to be bigger with more events and more fun.
Well if you are planning to visit Ukhrul for the fest and don’t know where to go, what to do, here’s a complete guide.
1. Reaching Ukhrul : Ukhrul is around 80 Kms from Imphal, the capital of Manipur. One can reach Imphal by flight. The nearest Train station will be Dimapur. From Dimapur, Imphal is around 200 Kms. After reaching Imphal, one can board a bus or shared taxi from Khuman Lampak ISBT to reach Ukhrul.
2. Staying: As per the information received, all the hotels in town have been booked. If you are someone who have not make your staying arrangements, your only options will be camping or holding up a friends place. Here are some of the camping areas along with their contact details:
a) Camping at Jorcheng: Contact Chiko Adventures
b) Awo Ayi Campsite :Contact 8787889307
c) Camp Charshung: Contact 08257801120
3. Events to watch out!
Date 24th April 2018, Tuesday
- Opening Ceremony at Shirui Village at 11.00 am
- Cultural Events at TNL Ground, Ukhrul.
- Cross Country Enduro Race by Chiko Adventures: From Imphal to Ukhrul – 84kms
- Cycle Rally by Chiko Adventures: ISBT, Khuman Lampak to Sowombung 8kms
- Flower Show at Shirui Village
- ShiRock 2018: Watch SteelHeart live at Bakshi Ground, Ukhrul HQ 6:00 pm onwards
Date 25th April 2018, Wednesday
- Cycle rally from Ukhrul to Shirui to campsite by Chiko Adventures
- Witness Traditional Sports at Shirui Village inlcuding Sao-Kaphar, Sao-Katak, Saotheila
- Mountain Trekking at Shirui Village
- Essay Writing competition at Career Pathfinder, Phungreitang Ukhrul HQ
Date 26th April 2018, Thursday
- Pork Eating Competition, Tug of War, Wrestling at Shirui Village
- Northeast Folk Dance Competition by Tribal Youth Development Foundation at TNL Ground
- Shirock: Lineups
Notes of A Rongga
Date 27th April, Friday
- Kachak Kakap at Shirui Village
- Grand Prix at Shirui Village
- MTB Downhill by Chiko Adbentures at Phangrei
- Northeast Cultural Fashion Show @ Long Ground
- Northeast Folksong competition
- Shirock: Lineups
Fame the Band
Rongbin The Secret Realm
Date 28th April, Saturday
- WASTEKATHON by Chiko Adventures at Phangrei
- Shirock – Performance by Queensrÿche